View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Personally I'm of the belief that there is no cycling kit that fits the meaning of the word "stylish".

Dressing like a dork is the cost of entry into this activity,
and I'm happily willing to pay that cost, but I have no illusions that anybody's cycling kit is going to make me not look like a dork and suddenly start looking like a runway model.

That being said, it's a tossup between my Assos bib shorts and my Louis Garneau bib knickers as to which piece of kit has generated the most compliments. So maybe they're my most "stylish"?
Gotta disagree with you here, Bob. It seems incongruous, on a site devoted to lauding the beauty of bikes, that its assumed you look like a total schlep on said steeds.

I'm with Colker. Look up "cycling" and "stylish" and two names come to my mind: Coppi and Anquetil.

Bibs are more about function and comfort for me, but jerseys are where you have lot more leeway for expression. The Rapha Paul Smith "La Corsa Rosa" is another grail jersey and I like the throwback ethos of Velobici's jerseys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1200px-Jacques_Anquetil_(1962).jpg (114.5 KB, 427 views)
File Type: jpg standard_Rik_Van_Looy_Jacques_Anquetil_1964.jpg (54.7 KB, 427 views)
File Type: jpg Rapha-Paul-Smith-Special-Edition-Jersey.jpg (29.4 KB, 425 views)
File Type: jpg rene-jersey-sand-site-studio.jpg (78.8 KB, 423 views)