View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Post Mod-ern

I would suggest a Serotta fitting session . . .

. . . even if you don't end up buying a Serotta. The fitter will give you a sheet with all the suggested measurements for the bike. Then you can either have a Serotta made--or take those measurements and go shopping for something stock that might indeed fit her. It would be a very good investment of the $100-200 it might cost to get it done.

I'm puzzled by what I understand from your original post might be an attitude from the LBS that they would be willing to spend the time with you for her to do the various test rides, yet they didn't want to spend what would have probably been the same time investment to do a professional fit session on the Serotta size bike. Can't say as I blame you for being peeved. They can't be a Serotta dealer without having a certified-by-Serotta fitter on staff. So what's up with them? I would ask for the manager there and ask them what's up. They are supposed to suggest a fit session.

At the very least, you need to get a fitting to establish your girlfriend's leg length-to-trunk ratios. If she is tall and still has the typical woman's ratio, then yeah, you would need to get a custom, or a larger bike in WSD. But if she is tall and has a male type ratio, then she might be able to ride a stock men's size.

In any event, pay attention to what Ginger says. She knows her stuff!

BBD
A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats