View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 07:27 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash05458 View Post
Well, I am both a cat and a dog guy...we actually have 8 cats here...all homeless strays that showed up at our door and we just can't say no...at this point I am starting to believe the homeless cats must have an app that tells them to come to our place...anyhow...

...we decided to try a small dog...and got a shelter guy we named Jasper...he had been abandoned twice on highway rest stops...maybe 20 pounds...a black shaggy terrier mix...and hands down he is the best dog I have ever had...of course we all say that via loving them...and as for breeds, I would go with a mixed or as they say mongrel...inbreeding really does lead to problems with some of these dogs...and go for a shelter one...the dog will appreciate you and your good family foreever and show it back in spades...that isn't just a cliche either, it is very true.
Good on you cash..GOOD for you...I can't even watch those TV ads of pitiful, abandoned and treated poorly cats and dogs..They are so innocent..all of them..GOOD for you!!