View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobrien View Post
Hi OP,

If you do not need the money from the bike(s), I would look at donating them to a good cause where kids/youth/adults don't have a bike and would use and enjoy a nice bike for years to come.

I expect that you enjoyed the bikes and those memories and experiences are priceless. Maybe keep one and let the rest go to new homes.

Every city will have groups that could help you find good homes for the bikes.

Patrick
this x1000000

if you can't accept selling it for less than you sentimentally think it's worth, but still want to be rid of it, do this. donate donate donate.

if you want hardass fake-libertarian nate to take the stage: neat frame that has a meh group that looks terrible on it. part it out. you'll get a grand for the frame and have a pile of hohum parts leftover, and then you can donate those. or put them on a commuter. or whatever.

good pics+hot build applied well to bike=bike sold. also, hand-wringing threads about a "soft used market" always make me chortle. bicycles, especially extremely niche high-end bicycles, are not commodities. don't act like they are and you'll be happier.

i have an $8000 custom frameset in my possession, new in 2015. right now, i doubt i could sell it for more than $1500. i like it more than that, so i'm going to hold onto it, maybe build it again someday, maybe ride it, maybe give it to someone. see? it's easy.

Last edited by Heisenberg; 12-04-2019 at 07:31 PM.