View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Alles klar Herr Kommissar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb96
Wow - great story. I'm am so very jealous. Mostly because I was there last July but in our whirlwind tour of France, Italy and Germany, we didn't make time to ride. We did catch the finish of a stage in Nimes - we stayed in Crestet, just next to Vaison la Romaine. It sounds like your wife is a bit more supportive of your biking than my SO - she was excited to see the Tour but not to spend a day alone when we didn't have much time there to begin with.

So I was wondering if you could tell me something. If you're going from Crestet to Bedoin (if you took that route - it sounds like you might have), you come to a 3-way intersection where going right takes you toward Nimes and Avignon and straight goes toward Bedoin. There's a small winery there. You don't remember the name of it, do you? Trying to find Rose here in Maine has been a challenge. Ahh, the wine. I don't blame you for indulging!!
Well, the route sheet lists Crillon-le-Brave as the last town before Bedoin, so I am not sure if we passed your winery. Heck, there are enough around! As for finding good rose from Provence in the US, I believe some from Domaine Ott and Domaine Tempier are imported, but the more local (and less pricey)stuff is tougher to get your hands on. Still, how about some Tempier with a nice seared monkfish with tomatoes and black olives? Heck, how about just some chilled Tempier? It will take you back to Provence in a heartbeat!