View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
Fluid is my first choice; Kurt Kinetic is the absolute winner when it comes to leak-free/trouble-free.

I bought a used Blackburn Mag Trackstand for my sister. It was about 90% as good as the Kurt Kinetic, for 1/3 the price. I bought my Kurt Kinetic on eBay for $165, shipped.

Buy USED if you can. People are always unloading them when they can't stand indoor training. I see you're on the Cape. I checked Craigslist, and there are some good deals in the Cranston/Providence RI area right now.

Blackburn, $40!

Someone here suggested a 1-Up. Here ya' go. $40.

Here's a cheap fluid trainer.

In regards to your comments about leaking, that is such old information, when I say old I'm talking over 13 years old information. I have a Cycleops Fluid2 trainer that is 12 or 13 years old and no leaks, and all fluid trainers are trouble free because there are no moving parts to wear out. In fact the best trainer for the money is the Cycleops Fluid2...usually, right now the Kurt Kinetic is on sale on Amazon for the same price as the Cycleops Fluid2. Don't misinterpret what I've said, I did not say that the Kurt was a bad trainer, in fact it's one of the best, just as is the Cycleops. But I don't think the OP wants to spend that much money so recommending him either the Kurt or the Cycleops will fall on deaf ears, he wants a far less expensive one and the one he is considering isn't not a bad choice.