View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Sorry, not sure I get it..this to just lace a wheel? I'm NOT trying to say 'look at me'..but spokes on table, nipps on table, hub, rim and lacing it takes about 4-5 minutes. .
Sounds slightly "look at me," but then again so does my entire post (and really everything any of us does on the Internet..).

Sure, lacing a wheel with everything sitting in your lap or holding everything is moderately quick, and certainly gets quicker the more you do it. I've built hundreds of wheels rather than the thousands you've built, and as a result, likely not as fast at it as you. Having laced a few wheels with this I see potential for it to be slightly faster (for me). I also see potential for it to be a bit less annoying in that in the first couple steps of lacing a wheel I always wish I had another hand to hold something in place, either the rim in place or the hub in place, so I can thread the spoke to the nipple - this alleviates this.

It also makes it so that I can get pulled away from the wheel mid-lace, which is extremely useful when working in a small shop where if I'm building a wheel I can't be sequestered from the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
But if I had a stand, it would have to fold so it would fit in a toolbox drawer.
This breaks down into more or less flat parts without tools (the verticals can be unthreaded by hand). The black central piece can be removed from the horizontal portions with a 4mm hex key. Would easily fit into one of my drawers at the shop. But as I said, picked up a gigantic pelican case with these parts in mind, as well as a few other bits. So should be able to have it be portable between home and the shop as well with that.