View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
??? Not really sure what you are questioning. You roll the tape on leaving excess liner over the edge of the rim. You put on the tubular, straighten it, pump in some air, and then pull out the liner tape carefully. Pump it up to at least 100 psi and done. What's the question?

Yes you leave them sit as you would gluing . My point is no multiple coats of glue, no letting the coats set up, no struggling to straighten the tire, no glue clean up, etc, etc. Of course you do miss out on Pete's tripping experience.
For some that may make it a no go. LOL!

The "taping" process is very quick and super simple. This whole thread honestly reeks of a "holier than though" theme from some. I say anything that get's people out riding is good. Oh and I do glue tires sometime too, no big deal. Taping is just simpler and works for me in a lot of situations.

Pretty funny that I'm the old school, "steel is real" guy but advocating for tape. Guess I'm just open-minded and all that.

Heck anything I can do to shorten time wrenching to give me time riding I'm going to do.
Well for one you neglected to clean the rim before applying the tape, two if your rims are used and have been roughed up for glue, forget about tape. 3. Read the directions before using it! 4..................