View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:46 PM

I would disagree with buying machine because of local service. My closest espresso servicer is 40 minutes away and I would have to leave my machine with him for a couple of weeks. He's a great guy and I had him refurbish my GS3 before I sold it. Just for piece of mind when selling to a friend. That might be different in DC. But, trust me, you're going to be hooked on your espresso fix. Down time must be avoided.

Most pro machines are fairly easily serviceable by someone with a basic mechanical knowledge, a decent set of screwdrivers and a metric socket set. They have to be. A shop cannot afford to wait for a service call. They need that bad boy up and running. Some machines allow service on one group while the other groups are being used. Obviously, you're looking at single group, but I just think that is cool.

There is a huge support base on the web that is available 24/7.

Finally, again, Chris Coffee service rocks. I've sent them a picture with an arrow pointing to a leak and they send me back another email with instructions and pictures of what to do and a link to buying the parts from them. I always buy two for the next time.

Certain things you should just buy in quantity. Brew group gaskets, screens, and vacuum breakers. Never be without those things in your spare parts bin. Kind of like having spare tires and chains.

Finally, imagine how much better a rider you will become when you knock back a quick espresso or cappa before each ride. Caffeine helps with recovery also.

Pull the trigger and join the club. You'll have a ton of fun and be super wired.

Gotta go. Tasks finished. Having a cappuccino and heading out to ride!

Jon