View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydhest View Post
Any reason (besides cost) not to get a La Marzocco Mini?
Two reasons not to get a Linea Mini.

1. You have the disposable income to get a Slayer.
2. You do not have the disposable income to get the Linea mini.

It's a great machine, as are most LM machines. Will last forever. Will be predictable and stable. Can be easily repaired. (here is my plug for buying the machine from Chris Coffee - Their service is excellent. Always willing to help you pinpoint a problem and offer repair advice and easy access to the parts). I had GS3 for 5 years and it was amazing as was Chris' service. I sold because a guy at work kept bugging me to upgrade so he could buy mine. One day, he asked me for the hundredth time and I was feeling a bit cheeky, so I agreed. Went home that afternoon and called Slayer.

If you can swing it financially ( and still afford a nice grinder) , I'm sure you will be happy with the machine. BTW, in my previous post I did the math on home espresso vs cafe. It is definitely a money saver for me once you make the jump that you desire excellent espresso on a daily basis.

Happy to make grinder recs. Off the bat, I love my Compak K10. Compak grinders are every bit as good as Mazzer and usually come in a bit cheaper than the equivalent Mazzer.

The HG one would be amazing. Unfortunately, they are no longer taking orders. Maybe SoCalSteve has one he would like to sell? Steve, if you're listening, I'm first in line.

Feel free to PM if you have specific questions wrt to machines and grinders. I'm happy to offer my opinion on machines and I have had a fair amount of experience with several machines and grinders over the last 20 years. Although, I am by no means a professional.

Jon