View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upcountry View Post
I had been waiting on the release of that Ornot Grid Thermal jersey... I love Patagonia's ThermalWeight, or Capilene 4 as it used to be known, and this jersey is the same fabric as that. Much lighter than R1 fabric. Since my first purchase with them last year(Micro Climate Jacket) I have really grown to appreciate their stuff. The quality, colors, and their whole ethos(made local, sustainable, eco) has made me a return customer.

Somewhat back on topic... I sewed for Patagonia for a few years, and ended up making/modifying a few jackets to suit my needs. One of the projects was that I converted an R1 to a vest, and added elastic edging to the sleeve openings and hem, making it great on the bike. Additionally I added pit zips to a few puffy jackets, with cycling and hiking in mind. Down jackets are essentially built to trap heat, rather than breathe, so the pit zips allows a bit of heat to be dumped.
Pit zips rule, especially for activities like backpacking.

I'm still wearing my old lighter weight nanopuff (or something like that) that's been repaired a couple of times.

I was kinda partial to the old Capilene stuff, but I'm getting used to how the newer items compare.