View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnny View Post
It also depends on the brand of tape. Some, for instance the Lizard skins are on the short side and in all honesty barely provide enough for the whole thing. I think their reasoning is that their tape runs towards the thicker side, even the thinner one, thus trying the figure 8 would be way bulky.
This tape is polarizing, among the people I’ve known to try it, either keep coming back to it or don’t want to touch it again
I just installed Lizard Skins on a friend's bike the other day and they are definitely short. I normally wrap covering the middle each wrap, but with the lizard skins I had to wrap covering the end each wound I wrap. And Lizard skin says not to stretch the tape so that doesn't help. Definitely can't figure 8 wrap a full bar with it. I had barely enough to finish the bar. They work fine on aero bars as I usually don't wrap the flat section.

I hate wrapping bars. Never look forward to it. I prefer the figure 8 wrapping, but sometimes I still need to add pieces behind the shifters. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, haha.