View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 02:54 PM

I'd love to see a chart like that for a Trek Domane like mine.

The thing is, even with the ISOSpeed Decoupler, which will clearly let the saddle move an order of magnitude more than a traditional back end, you can still screw yourself up really good by going out with too much air in the rear tire.

I did so last friday, rode 100+ miles with too much air in the rear tire. I really paid for it, funky seat mast or not.

I think this whole conversation is semi-pointless. Whichever bike the OP wants that fits the best is the one to get. Everything else is pointless.

If you're going to win the race any race bike that fits is going to be good enough. The bike that fits the best will probably be the best bike.

There is probably no variance in geometry or design on any of these bikes that is going to effect race results at any level unless you compare a $1000 bike vs a $5000 bike or you compare a bike that is intended for racing vs one that is clearly not. (E.x. 25lb+ gravel/touring bike with big tires and really slack geometry.) The only way one of the bikes becomes substantially better than the others is if some of them don't fit and some do.