View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 AM
What? Where?!

* real name, if you like: Rob
* where do you live? Spiritually: Northern CA. Currently: Indianapolis, IN
* explanation of your handle: self-descriptive. In grammer school I always got the uniform with the #1 or 2 on it because that was always the XS size
* explanation of your avatar. Calvin of "Calvin & Hobbs." About as close as a fictional character can get to me. Mom learned to dread the words "Hey, Mom, look at me!"
* age (general or specific): 37, but still look 14 or so
* occupation: Cardiologist, currently training in electrophysiology (think: "electricians of the heart" or "Cardiologists who like Star Trek")
* favorite bike: Serotta Legend TI ("Trigger")
* what's in your stable? Just Trigger
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 53 mph on a downhill in Marin before I thought: "if I crash, it's ICU if I'm lucky"
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Alas, less than 1000, it's been a tough year.
* picture of yourself or your ride? Me in Arches National Park.
* make up and answer at least one additional question: What does it feel like when you ride? - I feel like a dog that has finally been let off the leash at a beach: eyes bright, ears up, tongue lolling, and galloping fast for the pure joy of it!
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: "this won't hurt much"
* and, something fun. Sunny day, 80 miles in the hills of Marin, riding in a group of friends, working together in the flats, suffering together on the hills.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1161.jpg (104.2 KB, 1337 views)

Last edited by Skrawny; 04-28-2009 at 08:30 AM.