View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 AM

I'm afraid that after the first ride on my Legend (April of this year) I have not ridden the steel bike that was my sole fair-weather road bike for the past ~8 years --a tig welded but beautiful old blue and yellow LeMond Zurich. I basically shrank and stiffened my way out of the LeMond (age-related changes), and as a result of its perfect fit and perhaps the design and materials, the Legend is soooo much more comfortable.

However, I have not abandoned steel! I have been on Dave Kirk's wait list since last winter and have spent an inordinate amount of time fantasizing about what that bike is going to be. I fell in love with lugged steel in my 20s when I shared an apartment with 2 serious bike racers for a number of years --one raced with a Masi and the other a Cinelli --both custom fitted and built by the great masters themselves. Nearly all of my riding in those days (~40 years ago) was commuting since I didn't own a car, but I also had the pleasure of using one of my apartment-mates training bikes, which was a delight in comparison to my series of clunky old commuters that kept getting stolen or, in one case, wrecked.

Needless to say pictures of my Kirk are going to be all over the internet once it arrives.

Thanks for asking Smiley!

Lew

Me? I'm a kid who will never believe that I am living in an old man's body.

Last edited by FMS_rider; 08-16-2008 at 10:07 AM.