View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 07:43 AM

For home use, I actually think much of the Ryobi stuff is decent. I have an impact wrench that has seen quite a lot of use for over 15 years and still going strong. The tools they sell today still use the same battery system, so I've added a drill and angle grinder over the years. Some of their yard stuff is pretty lightweight, but their top end mowers get routinely high reviews.

I've had my previous Echo electric mower for about 7 years now. A couple of years ago we moved and now have a much larger lawn to mow, and I bought a used commercial gas mower because it took several batteries to get through the lawn. Cut quality and mulching power were actually a huge step down, so I turned around and re-sold the gas mower.

Last night I just mowed for the first time with the new Ego LM2200SP with 10ah battery. Grass is at its thickest of the year right now and it was able to easily mulch at a much lower cut height than the previous Echo electric. Cut quality is fantastic. If you register this mower within 90 days of purchase, you get a 5 year warranty on the battery which is a good thing as they go for $500.

Current deal includes a free 5ah battery which is a step down in both run-time and power, so not sure how much use I'll get out of that. Word of warning - apparently there is a rash of theft of batteries from these things at the retail/supply chain level. Might want to verify that the correct battery is present before taking delivery.