View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
I think the issue is most people didn't actually read the article. It's paywalled, and it took a little bit of jumping through hoops to actually read the whole thing if you don't subscribe to NYT.

But yah, the whole thread was started on a misconception.

Somebody who works a tough job that impacts their posture is not "lazy" or a "bad person". And not everyone can go quit that job and hire a personal trainer to do everything "right".

It's not like jobs that have a physical aspect leave you in a much better place after 30-40 years either.
Au contraire, mon frere. I did read the whole article. Not that I necessarily had to. The crux of the author’s argument is contained in the first response to the interviewer:

“Nice to meet you.”

“Your posture looks pretty good. And it doesn’t matter — that’s the whole point of my book. It’s fake news.”

The question isn’t of blame, but whether or not good posture matters. And it definitely does. One article of many: https://www.wellnessforthebody.com/p...om-home-slouch

If your daily routine has you looking like the people in the pictures, you have to make some corrections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_9693.jpeg (105.9 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_9692.jpeg (45.1 KB, 84 views)