View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 10:14 AM

OP reply

I am referring to the tension bolt. I am trying to understand when I am approaching end of life for the cover by understanding what is the max length of the tension bolt to extend from saddle nose piece. I asked Compass and no reply from them.

I did ask Berthoud directly and their reply is below at the bottom of this thread.

I measured my saddles ( and I have 3) and all are extending about 10mm from the end of the nose piece so I assume that I have plenty to time as I can screw the bolt in another 20mm. I am just going to keep tightening the saddle cover until it won't go any more and then probably order a new leather saddle cover.

Any other thoughts? Has anyone had to replace a cover?

Alan

From Berthoud:

Thank you for contacting us and your interest.

The maximum length of tension bolt that would be visible under the saddle is around 30mm.

You should not have some slippage at the tension bolt. The other screw of the saddle might slip/loss and for them, yes you can use thread locker but not for the tension bolt (you can use all kind of thread locker).

We don’t have other advice than the one we gave online or on the note you have with the saddle.

But if you have other question, we’re here !

Kind regards,

Last edited by Alan; 04-30-2024 at 12:30 PM.