View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
Which frame size?
I looked at the geo for this frameset and it is using the same 50mm fork rake for all sizes where the HTA varies from 71 to 73 degrees. So you'd have an opportunity to dial in the trail and wheel flop with a new fork, and maybe the rake might want to be different.

If their geo chart is right, it's curious that the HTA for the medium is 73 degrees, which with a 50mm fork rake would be just what I'd look for, with a trail of 55mm. The larger sizes drop to a HTA of 72, raising trail/flop to 61/18mm.
The frame size is a medium. I might have to play with a geo calculator to see how different options would affect trail and flop in order to keep things atleast close to similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
Itd be good to figure out your bike's trail with the current HTA, fork rake, and tire size. Then you can determine what the trail would be with a new fork that has a different rake as well as A-C(which will change the frame's HTA).

Since you mention it being a budget focused fork, here are some that arent $500 or ENVE priced...

-Tapered steerer
State Bicycle - $300 45mm offset, 396mm A-C
Columbus Futura - $385 47mm offset, 385mm A-C
Whisky No9 CXLR - $400 45mm offset, 395mm A-C
Whisky No9 Road+ - $407 51mm offset, 383mm A-C

If you end up wanting to spend 500+, there is the Wilde Waypoint fork. Wilde is owned by the guy that started AllCity.
Tapered- $525, 49mm offset, 398mm A-C
straight - $500, 49mm offset, 398mm A-C

Personally, I would email Fairlight and see when their Anraed 3.0 is back in stock.
$470, 45mm rake, 381mm A-C

ETA- Genesis has a full carbon straight steerer fork.
https://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/genes...-12mm-vargn126
$438, 50mm rake, 397.5 A-C, weighs 400g
Wow thanks! I used to have a strael 2.0 and wouldn't be doing this build at all if I had a 3.0 instead. That fork looks great. Honestly the best of the lot is that genesis fork. It would likely have been perfect but a lot of these are out of what I want to budget for the build so I'm going to look on the used market when I figure out what I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novasfyre View Post
You could always reach out to carbonda for the lowest pricing, I got a quote for 180 painted and shipped on their cfo606 fork a couple weeks back.
There's an idea!

That one's unfortunately heavier than I'd want.

Their road fork and the 505 might actually work though!

Last edited by ridethecliche; 04-29-2024 at 12:18 PM.