View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 03:23 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
are the clubhouses staying open?

for me its been a shame that a lot of great products were redesigned and become worse for it - but Rapha has certainly forced other brands to step up their game.
AFAIK none of the clubhouses are closing, but of course that could change. Here in Los Angeles they just renewed their lease, despite the fact that the local retail environment has changed a lot and not for the better (Patagonia relocated, REI just closed, etc.) -- I know that's hardly news. They have tended to choose fairly high-rent locations, and I think that when lease renewals are coming up they take a hard look at the ROI equation. I was told, second hand, that this was the dynamic that led them to close Sydney a few years ago despite a strong local membership.

I too have been disappointed with a lot of the design work over the last couple of years, but the recent releases point to a return to their design roots. But I doubt that classic wool blend jerseys are a prescription for the growth they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff_duffy View Post
My Facebook feed this morning had a link to big sale by them. Too good to be true, led to a scam site. Wonder how many people will see this story and think they are just getting a good deal and get ripped off.
I saw a similar ad on Instagram a while ago, link led to an obvious scam site (domain was something like raphadesign.life, had cribbed a bunch of content from rapha.cc). I reported the ad as a scam and a few days later Instagram rejected my complaint. Obviously they care more about the ad dollars than about their customers getting scammed. Again, not news.