View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 12:03 PM

The whole thing is just silly.. ideally they just want bikes in a variation of sizes to suit people with different torso/leg ratios.

I never saw that Pegoretti size chart before. Pegoretti clearly "got it". I know Colnago for a long time did that too, but IIRC last time I looked Colnago has started to do away with that?

You don't need to differentiate the function of the bikes that fit longer limb/shorter torso people separately from the bikes that fit shorter limb/longer torso people, you ideally make both in all the models of bikes. Likewise if they just cover these variations they get good sizing for both men and women.

It seems they used to do that before the desire to reduce the # of carbon molds/layups became the most important business consideration.

I have had several people tell me there are some decent correlations between ethnic background and whether you will tend to fit better on long/low or short/tall, as well as it varying with height. I could see the bikes we have available having a very strong Euro-centric ancestry bias and obviously we know they have historically had a pretty strong male-centric bias.