View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 07:44 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass_biker View Post
I swear by the Osprey Transporter 40. You can wear it like a backpack, or sling it over your shoulder, or carry it like a suitcase. Handles at the top and the bottom. One external zippered pocket for odds and ends. And the straps pack into a rear zippered flap. In this I usually manage to get:

- running shoes
- casual or dress shoes (as needed)
- workout wear (shorts/t shirt etc.)
- undergarments etc.
- 1 suit + 2 shirts + 1 tie
- 1 sweater
- t shirt

Folding/rolling well is the key for optimizing the space for the items above.

My work takes me up and down the Eastern Seaboard, and I’m usually multi-modal (car/Amtrak/plane/sometimes CitiBike in NYC) so this works like a charm in all the annoying overhead bins of trains/planes etc. including RJs.

If I need more space or am going for longer, I typically pair this with a very basic zippered tote for my iPad, notebooks, whatever I am reading etc. Then I have the Osprey on my back, and carry/sling my tote as needed.

My only wish for the Osprey is for an external water bottle sleeve.

MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
I can always fit more in my osprey porter 40 than any suitcase allowed for check in. Great bags though not sure what the equivalent is now.
I uses an Osprey transporter 40 and a backpack for 2.5 weeks of travel. worked fine. That said, I am now about to try a Pata MLC45 and see how that works.

in the USA something wheeled is great. if you are dealing with subways/metros/cobbles in EU those wheels are not so great.