View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
If your problem is narrow heels/feet have you tried custom orthotics from a podiatrist? My setup is custom orthotics which are about $350-400 plus narrow Vittoria Velar shoes which were in the range of $300 when I bought them. This is a great combo. The orthotics need to be designed by a podiatrist who knows what their stuff and the Vittoria shoes are really nice.

Am sure you have been through a lot of options but this could be worth a try.

Feel free to PM me w questions etc

Alan
I’m not saying that it cannot be done, but be careful if you go this route, especially if the orthotics are firm. Many brands of cycling shoes have soles that are shaped, and not perfectly flat side-to-side. For instance, some are built with an amount of mold arch support already molded into the sole. Put in an orthotic on top of that and the orthotic may not sit flat or may over-correct.

Don builds his shoes with soles that are flat from side-to-side, so his custom insoles provide all of the needed correction. This differs from molded tub shoes like Bonts because to the extent there is an issue or your feet change, new insoles can be built and put in very easily.

Last edited by djg21; 04-10-2024 at 02:14 PM.