View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgreene10 View Post
I’m considering fully custom shoes so that I can fit my pointy heel well. I’m talking custom last and the whole nine yards, not custom style.

I’m curious about your experience with Rivo and Bont (again, their full custom option). Rocket 7 is far too pricey for me and I’m already familiar with D2 / Don Lamson. Did I miss any options?

My intended use is for road training and racing year round in Austin TX. My best fitting prior shoe was a Specialized SWorks 6. Subsequent iterations, including the newest Torch, have a wider heel that slips a lot for me.

Going full custom would be a large cost for me, so I’m quite tentative about it.

Call and talk to Don Lamson. Don guarantees the fit of his shoes and will work with you to make sure they are right. The shoes may seem expensive, but they are built around a custom insole, and they last a very long time. They are well worth the expense.

Don builds his shoes by hand and it is very labor-intensive process. He can build only a couple pair in a week, at most. This means there often can be wait times of a few months. Plan accordingly.