View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB View Post
I'll probably be in the minority here, but this looks like a downgrade, other than the 5mm of increased clearance for 700c tires.

- Removed the fender mounts - Why?!
- Dropped seat stays - I don't believe this provides the claimed benefit, and I really don't like the look. Also, why would I want the rear end to be "ultra stiff?"
- Shorter chainstays - No, I'd rather have longer ones, actually.

I was always kind of tempted by the Lynskey GR. Not anymore.
It’s definitely sportier/racier with shorter, stiffer chainstays. I prefer this as I’m never going to bikepack or use fenders, and focus on faster paced races/gravel grinders that are rarely longer than 75 miles in length. I currently ride a GR Race that Lynskey briefly made and looks somewhat similar. https://off.road.cc/content/news/lyn...avel-bike-4190. I don’t ever need to carry anything more than a small frame pack, and use Ass-saver type fenders when it’s wet. The largest tire I can fit is a 45mm on 700c rims, and I have to use 650b rims to use anything wider. I’d really like the option of using 700x50c tires.

As to the stiffer rear triangle, if you are using fat tires inflated properly, you will have as much compliance as you would want/need. I’d think a shorter, stiffer back end is preferable on gravel, where you frequently have to climb steep grades, and often have to be out of the saddle.

This looks like a nice bike. I like it.

Last edited by djg21; 04-05-2024 at 05:53 PM.