View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Maine View Post
I believe that is Patria Lanfranchi's personal bike. She runs the Ride Headquarters mobile bike shop and is married to Rob Vandermark. I love my all raw Ti Redsky SL, but I must admit, I have mild worries about fork supply if I need to replace in the future. I suppose if Seven stops making the fork, I could commission a custom steel replacement.

David
Yes, that is Patria Lanfranchi-Vandermark's bike. She rides the heck out of that thing and changes wheels/tire all the time.

I saw the bike when new circa 2017/2018 while I was living in the Boston area. It was a "proof of concept" and launch of the new model name. All the mid-reach brake option bikes were previously built under other model lines (i.e. Axiom, Axiom SL).

I was irritated at the time because I ordered my Axiom SL Mid-Reach bike from RSC/RHQ and 2 weeks later they announce RedSky and Patria shows the bike. The only differences as far as I remember are the name and the rear fender mounts are in different places: My Axiom SL Mid-Reach has them on the rear drops and the RedSky has them hidden on the inside of the lower seat tubes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackus View Post
does anyone know if you can buy this fork from Seven? I had heard mumblings that forks were only being sold with new frames. Potentially that's also expanded to customers of new frames should they need a replacement?
As for the fork, I bought an extra and keep it in a box. They tried to talk me out of it by stating they can always replace the headtube and use the new tapered forks but I ride a 53cm and wanted the older style straight fork because it is not as harsh on smaller frames.

Last edited by NYCfixie; 04-02-2024 at 08:20 AM.