View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerat View Post
wouldn't be a responsible drug dealer if they didn't . They do have a 50cm Respo (disc). I didn't pull the trigger on it because I am having quite a fight in my head about disc versus rim when it comes to "future-proof'ing" the bike. I am going to be 46 in 12 days so, should the creek not rise, I have a lot of time to spend on the bike and I worry about whether I will be able to maintain a rim brake bike, but I prefer the looks of rim. Campy has ceased to produce Ultra rim brake wheels, there are still so many great options for wheels but, parts in general worry me for a rim brake build in 2024. Such a first world problem!

I wouldn't sweat Campy not making ultra wheels in rim brake.

I have Campy WTO Ultra 45s on my Aethos.

Have Nextie CRX rims 45/50 on DT240 on my SV.

The Nexties are head and shoulders better than the Campy wheels. Sorry to all the Campy wheel lovers here. I just don't get it. The Nextie are 29 vmm wide with 21mm internal. I am running 25mm Veloflex which measure to 27.6 on these rims. So, they satisfy the 105% rule. And ride so much better than the Campy. Smoother, more plush, and less affected by crosswinds..

Oh, and the Nextie are 1/2 the price, even with the WTO ultras coming from Europe.

Jon