View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
Waltly usually lies on their customs form and says it was under $800 so you won't be charged.

If it's reported at $980 you might be charged 4%, plus whatever fees the shipper adds to act as a customs broker, but there's a good chance it goes through customs without being assessed a duty regardless.
Thanks, that is good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
How has the design/buying process been OP? I’ve been thinking about a Waltly.
I knew exactly what I wanted and what bb, fork I was gonna use prior to contacting them, so all the rest was just a matter of making sure one pays a lot of attention to the updated drawings when they are received.
They have the tendency to modify the design when you ask then for something that they don't offer or can't accommodate without letting you know and not mention it.
For example, I asked for the bottle cage mount holes on the seat tube to be moved lower so I could easily fit larger bottles and instead of telling me that the height I asked the cage mounting holes to be moved to is in conflict with the front derailleur clamp, so they just lowered it even more and didn't tell me about it. I almost missed it by assuming it would be moved where I asked. When I brought it to their attention it was a very casual reply that it would conflict with the FD and that's why they decided to lower it further. (it was too low for the bottle cage I intend to use)
Other than it can be difficult to understand the emails sometimes but just asking for clarification usually takes care of that.
In the end I got exactly what I wanted........ so far. We'll see once I have the frame in hand.