View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
Whatever you do, if you like the car, go with a company that owns their own trucks and is not a broker for third party driver/owners. While it might cost you more, it's worth it for peace of mind.
Do those even exist anymore?

I've shipped a lot of cars - you can bid them out at uship.com and after 3-4 days you'll have your price. Every one of the shipping brokers bid them out to drivers and its kind of a mess of who owns/pays what but you just pay the broker. They all use the same booking/bidding systems.

I've had some experiences where everything is smooth sailing but more often than not just expect to be flexible on the scheduling, both pick up and delivery, and you'll be fine. If you get angry at the drivers it wont help you, plus they're armed and dont care.

I had one guy tell me he was 50 miles away and would be there in an hour - except he was on the other side of DC on a Friday afternoon, I laughed and told him I'd see him in about 3 hours. Another guy showed up 2 days early with about 20 minutes notice. Others days late with a pile of excuses. At the end of the day the cars always arrived on the other end intact.