Thread: Tucson!
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM

Wei, I'm sorry that we missed each other while out there. We just made it back in last night. Interestingly, it looks like we hit a number of the same places - El Presidio/downtown/Barrio Viejo, Mt. Lemmon, and the Saguaro NP East Loop.

I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do it from my iphone.

Thanks to everyone that provided suggestions! Somehow we managed to miss a good portion of them - there was just so much to do. We did hikes each day (Catalina State Park, Pima Canyon, Sabino Canyon, Ventana Canyon, and Bear Wallow), hung out by the pool a bit, explored the areas downtown, and around UofA. Managed to get early morning rides in - Oro Valley (meh - too much traffic), up to the top of the Sabino Canyon road and back down (fun!), and then the Saguaro NP East Loop (wow!). We stayed at the Westward Look that sits between the Catalina Foothills and Oro Valley. From a cycling perspective, it probably wasn't the best spot to be as it required riding on Ina Road if I was going to ride out the door and not drive to a place to start from.

We LOVED Tucson. The outdoors access is fantastic, the food was great (Tumerico especially!), everyone that we spoke with was incredibly friendly, and the downtown cultural options were fun. What a great town! One interesting thing that both my wife and I noticed was the lack of highway systems throughout town like we have in Austin and other Texas cities. It seemed like other than I-10, everything was just a surface street. It was cool to see a mountain in the distance no matter which street you looked down.

We'll definitely be going back. Again, thanks for all of the suggestions - our Paceline community is the best!!!

Texbike