View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 01:02 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

All important points too. But I can never assume here what other bikes someone has either. I've settled into 30 max for road mostly. Fav RH 32 is really a 31. A few of my fav road bikes 27 is max. I have been running GK 35 slicks on RSL Moots CX on rough and wet paved bike-ways. Starting to think 35s on a really stiff frame with 75 PSI makes for good digs.

In the case of only a few bikes, it makes sense to get one that will fit tires conducive for other than road use certainly. As long as the HTA and trail of the front end for road use does not offend. You have to decide where that line is for your own druthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
I guess the allure of the newer Roubaix (SL7/SL8) is the increased tire clearance.. the Sl7 clears a 34 I think and the SL8 clears a 40.. not saying I need the 40, but might be nice in the future unless I can score a too good to pass up deal on an SL7.. also the 40 can act as a smoother surface gravel bike, if desired.. both bikes are FACT 10R, same as all the bikes except the S-Works, which is 12R.. and there is zero chance of me getting an S-Works.. My current SL4 is a rim-brake as I think it was in that transition period where they offered both.. I can get a nice sized 28 on there, but probably not a 30..

I do plan to go ride both bikes this weekend hopefully..