View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
Does this synchronized shift thing slow down shifting even more?

The huge cassette spacing + weird latency with electric shifting kind of seems like a step backwards sometimes. Slowing it down even more seems like an odd idea.

I don't think it really matters and if it lets you keep applying power I guess it's fine but it definitely seems odd.

I think I time my shifts anyway so I don't notice, but the electronic stuff I've ridden has not really impressed me on speed. Maybe I'd adjust to hit the button earlier if I actually bought one of the groups.

I think it is more cassette than anything.. 1x and a pie plate cassette just feels slow.
It does slow shifting because the cassette has to come around to the right spot before it shifts. I haven't ridden it, but the people I know who have it say it's noticeable.

I think the regular AXS is plenty quick to shift, and seems quicker than mechanical to me, primarily due to the lower/quicker effort at the lever and I feel like the derailleur move is instant after that. I just put AXS on my MTB after first using it on my road bike and I've been loving it. The biggest problem I've had is trying to remember which paddle to push for up/down shifts after so many years of mechanical shifter muscle memory.