View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
well, if you consider any Giant sold with carbon wheels are hookless, that's not nothing.. my $4k Revolt Adv 0 has the CX2 hookless wheels on it and that is just a "middle of the road" bike at this point.. I wonder how many TT bikes are sold with hookless..

I think the bottom line for me is this: I can have a hookless rim issue or I could have a front tire flat while descending at 30+ mph.. I'm not sure either one would be that different in the result.. either case, you are probably going down hard.. you might be able to make a case for a rear wheel issue, but a decent bike handler could probably come ok with either set-up.. a hookless issue or front tire blowout while cruising along at my sub-20 mph (usually closer to 16mph) doesn't really concern me to be honest..

but to each their own for sure on this one!

*I'm really not for or against, I just don't see the big issue..
I will say, Giant is odd one out on this issue. They sell TCRs with hookless rims matched with their own 25mm tires. While pretty much any other tire maker won't spec their 25mm TL tires for hookless. Mind you, their ID rim widths are less than 20mm (19.4mm).