View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryun View Post
Manufacturers however have increasingly tied rebates and other incentives to financing in order to increase customer retention.
Id just be upfront about your method of payment but I would inquire about whether incentives that they are showing you require financing.

Some of those incentives combined with subvented interested rates may be worth looking. at keeping a loan for 60-90 days since most companies have no prepayment penalty.

Finally in this day and age there isn't a reason not to complete most if not all of the transaction online to avoid all the negotiation silliness. About 25% of our business doesn't even step foot in the dealership.
This.

If the low price hinges on financing, as long as there's no pre-payment penalty, you can take the loan, keep the dealer happy, and pay it off the following month.

And online is the way to go. My last car purchase (2021 Honda) was mostly online or via SMS. Contacted the dealer through their website, asked to move conversation to text messages (vs phone or email), negotiated there, did the add-on sales crap over the phone in <5 minutes. All I had to do at the dealership was sigh the stack of loan paperwork, cut a check, and drive home.