View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
Its a message board discussion about a topic that people disagree on. I am not telling you that you cant feel a certain way, I am telling you that feeling is over the top/dramatic.
Feel that way all you want, I am not telling you that you cant feel that way.

Good lord.

ETA- as for the rest of your post, it sums up like this- 'I choose to live in a place with only 3 roads and feel trapped when those roads are used for events, arent cleared quickly enough during storms, and are closed due to accidents!' This is similar to someone who lives next to an airport that already existed and complains about noise.

This is getting fun.

So, if you are trying to arbitrate a solution yet dismiss one sides feelings because in your opinion they are over the top are you going to get somewhere? Maybe give thought to the reasons why that is said and use that to help find a solution. We have to acknowledge our own biases sometimes in life to see things equally for all.

As to your edit, for sure some truth to that but there again it's never simple. For decades there has been a general plan in place for the valley that was based on keeping it rural, limiting growth do to lack of infrastructure like roads, water, etc. I lived here in the 80-90's and knew how things where and the issues. Before moving back in the 2000's I followed the actions around the general plan for several years, discussed current conditions with generational families still living here and even came back a year before moving to see for myself. Things seemed positive. Then about three years after returning the developers moved in like vultures. One of the first moves was a local realtor/state senator leaving the senate and running for county commissioner to "save the valley". Turns out to be one big lie. First move were massive property taxes to force out many of the ranchers, pensioners, and generational families. Then committee that governs the general plan are appointed by the county commissioners. So suddenly the rancher and long time residents were off the committee and the realtor, builders, developers, and lawyers became the committee. Heck the state legislature passed law saying that if you were the majority land owner you could incorporate an area and for three years appoint your own government to run it. No voting for positions those first three years. That allowed the one owner of a local resort to incorporate and area with over 200 hundred homes, and do whatever they wanted without repercussions. We had to take the state to court to get that law thrown out. So your analogy is basically wrong. It's more the case of living in a rural area and having the airport built in on top of you. In fact the same power hungry bastards tried to force in a heliport to fly skiers into the back country. They got away with flights for one winter leaving from behind our school and right over my house shaking the hell out of everything. Once again, back to court to stop that.

Things are never simple but yeah you keep on not seeing the total picture and passing judgement. Makes for some entertainment if nothing else.

I'll keep on being as over the top as I can for ya! I am going to step out of this one though as I am so guilty of derailing from the OP's post. Sorry!

Last edited by jamesdak; 01-09-2024 at 11:30 AM.