View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRietz View Post
Regardless of the NDS arm's integrity, the LBS was required to send it in with the DS arm when they failed it.

Other than the downtime, why not use your credit to send the new NDS arm you received in for a factory install?

Like the rest of this process, I can assure you that Shimano is likely lagging. I'm still waiting on the dealer rebate I should receive for the inspections I conducted the month prior to inspecting yours!

Sending wishes for speedy bureaucracy!
Required to send in the NDS is likely correct although the mechanics at the LBS were confused by this part of the process. They still are waiting to hear back from Shimano on a payment for the missing power meter.

I went ahead and ordered a 7000 Stages PM during the Black Friday sale but have not yet installed it. Price was still less than factory install, weight difference is minimal, 7000 cranks are not affected by this issue, I'm not concerned by the cosmetic difference, and if I decide to sell this bike in a couple years I could let it go with a full matching crank and still have the power meter.