View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
With regard to forum changes: We've played around with things over the years, and the bottom line is that to keep a topic relevant or fresh, the only thing that matters is if people want to talk about it. Stickies and subforums just dont matter much. People inadvertently ignore the stickies and their eyes just pass over them and subforums rarely get visited. All the eyeball traffic is here and in the classifieds.
Give it a big 'Like'

Perhaps the part missed was that we need a permanent link/subforum/whatever to collect all the Serotta info etc. in one place, whether or not Serottas are discussed elsewhere too. Kind of an active time capsule, and available to all even if not 'fresh'. It's the Peoples' Will.

My recent investigative poking around trying to find the history of a Cinelli/Centurion frame is an example: I read tens (a hundred??) of disparate online threads, catalogs, etc. and compiled all in a text file I created. If only there had been one place for all the info! Maybe few would want the info, but to those it would be invaluable.