View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 10:09 AM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs7282 View Post
After doing some more research on the recall...basically it sounds like the Cliff's Notes are:

If you have cranks that have the early stages of a failure condition, they'll be replaced.

If you have cranks that are in the batches that have been known to result in failures, but currently look OK, you are SOL.

Is that right?
Recalls are a legal distinction, lets face it. We have a Chevy Bolt, so ask me how I know.

So not to stray too far... I do wonder how state of other countries 'distinction' handles recalls on these. Would it not be per laws of country which consumer protection vary wildly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
That doesn't give me the warm fuzzies
No kidding. While back, when this all got in our threads here I bought a few R7000 chainsets. Starting to feel my actions actually more than satisfying my paranoia. I feel a lot better about the anal mismatch feelings about now....

Clearly, we must consider if this moves a Shimano groupos into the replace the chainsets sooner than later. Older units having been in used longest and in the environment longest considered beyond service life??

Last edited by robt57; 09-21-2023 at 10:20 AM.