View Single Post
Old 09-18-2023, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torelli View Post
I have had two pair of Empires myself, the slx version and hands down the best shoes I have used in 30 years of riding. Like you I have narrow feet and every shoe I have used I would have to tighten the boa dials or velcro straps all the way to get a snug fit. With laces this isn't a problem. Sure it's a little extra time to tie them but once you get them dialed in as far as how tight to tie them they are the best. Great looking shoes too, imo.
This and the post above essentially explains what I also like about the empire Slx's. I have BOAs on my mtb shoes and one thing I don't like about them is getting the same fit all the time is tricky (where did I have these damn things last time). The nice thing w/ BOAs is you can loosen or tighten as you ride but as the post above states, when you have narrow feet you really gotta ratchet down the BOAs which can leave the material on the shoe constricted and as the shoe gets tighter and depending on how the material tightens, I've found it can grab my sock underneath and make a mess (Shimano MTB shoes are the worst at this with the Specialized being less bad).