View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 10:11 AM
Sunshine

Just a couple of thoughts from seeing those drawings...

- bb drop is the same and is a good number for what I like on a gravel bike.
- chainstay length is a nice compromise- sweet spot for gravel tire size and comfort vs cutting sharp corner turns.
- the reach for both frames is crazy long compared to the stack height. 403mm reach and 542mm stack? That is a lot of reach, at least it seems to be a lot for an AR/gravel bike which you also want to rock on some singletrack.

This is a custom bike so I assume the stack and reach are set for you to fit it properly. I just wanted to point the extreme number out, in case that was an oversight or if it was just based on you moving other frame numbers around and didnt realize the resulting reach. A 542mm stack AR/gravel bike would have something closer to like 380mm reach give or take...I think. I am admittedly not confident in that as I only focus on the largest size frames since thats what I would ride, but again just mentioning it so you for sure see that and know its correct for you.

Trail is something everyone is different with. My gravel bike has 60mm of trail and I love it. I think it is nimble while not being twitchy. I think it is stable while not being sluggish.
I am not sure I would want less trail for a gravel bike- having some trail helps keep things stable on loose bumpy surfaces. But too much trail and the bike may feel pretty annoying on paved roads and especially climbing.
Not sure what tire size you plan to use, but make sure that tire size is referenced when looking at trail geometry since if you run trail numbers with a 35mm tire and use a 43mm tire, the actual trail will be different from what you expected during planning.