View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 03:57 PM
Road connoisseur

Missing shifts?

Has anyone using Wireless Blips notice they are missing shifts? That is, you press the button but nothing happens. For a while, I thought that I might be pressing the button improperly when wearing gloves. The buttons are quite tactile, though, and give a perceptible click when pressed. I have also been very deliberate when pressing them on recent rides. However, the issue persists. They work perhaps 9 times out of 10, but that 10th shift will be one you really don't want to miss!

This review on Cycling Weekly is the only place I've seen mention of a similar problem. Funnily enough, the reviewer also doubted himself:
"I did however have quite a few missed changes on mine, but as these were when in the middle of a threshold level TT effort it’s hard to say whether it was the Blip and mech not talking to each other, or if I didn’t press hard enough every time, or if a bump in the road stopped me from pressing as hard as I needed to. I suspect it was rider error, not quite pressing hard enough."
Anyone else?