View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 02:52 PM

Time for an update. Without going into tons of detail, after a series of further exams/tests (including CCS which led to a nuclear stress test,Duke score of 9 so low risk there although the inferred VO2 max sucked) we've confirmed I have a aneurysm of the root/ascending aorta as well as a failing aortic valve. At first it appears surgery would be imminent but after a CT angiogram last week my cardiologist said those results were "reassuring" that we're in a monitor vs react phase and we'll take another look at things in August.

In terms of activity, I am supposed to avoid activities which are considered a "strain." That means no heavy stuff with valsalva or holding my breath, and I pushed to understand about CV type stuff beyond general admonitions so we landed on aerobic stuff is ok, but avoid going beyond 15 RPE on the Borg scale. I'm going to have to continue to get smarter on "harder isn't better -- or necessary..."

Now I have to give more thought to the ebike world....

Thanks again to all who contributed here and through DMs. Lots to sort through yet on next steps and implications.