View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 02:38 AM

I have 2 bikes, one with Record/CHorus 11 Gen2 and one with 12 speed. (All chorus except for the Record shifters I got cheaply). My prior best bike was DA7900. The reason 12 speed CH is cheaper is because its the new Potenza - a still good but lower-market producd. I think Campagnolo saw too many people not buying the Record since the 10 & 11 spd CH was so close to RE functionality and style/look.
There are some gripes I've had - a broken front downshift paddle on the R11 (was replaced under warranty - thank you Cecil Walker Cycles in Melbourne). Unlike Shimano these are just plastic on Campag. The rear downshifting is definitely slower to pick up the chain on some shifts - the cranks turn "free" for about half a rev before I feel the pickup - I definitely think the Shimano ramping is more effective.
I really like the new ergos on 12 but in terms of functionality I have gained nothing since there are only 11T starting cassettes and the extra gear is just being unused. I'd say go for the CH12 and you will be happy but its not enough reason to switch of you already have the 11.