View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 08:38 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrik4 View Post
But infrastructure will adapt.
Infrastructure is inanimate. It makes no decisions, good or bad. Humans need to adapt, and, sorry, I dont see it. Have you seen the news item recently of tha Arizona "town" or however it's incorporated that has had its water supply cut off by Scottsdale in Arizona? There you go, too far, too fast, and yet, they interviewed one home owner in this development that said, Yeah, it's tough, but, I'm not moving, this is perfect for me and my family. Really. Even the lack of water cant change his mind. And there's millions like him, moving to the west, not even considering the consequences. Salt Lake City is one of our fastest growing cities, and, because of that and a draught, is emptying the Great Salt Lake at such a rapid rate that some think it may be totally dry in a decade, unleashing clouds of fine particle toxins into the air that millions will breath every day. And yet, I'll bet that, if you drove up and down twelve lane I15 today, you'd see all sorts of residential and commercial construction going on. I read recently about another development planned in Arizona that is ridiculously large, considering water issues, but, it may be built.
All that development needs a lot of electricity, too, but, where are they planning for that? Then you require all of these people to drive EVs, and you can see where the problem is. But America wants its dream, a 3000 sq ft 3-4 bedroom, four bathroom with a green yard and a pool, and, damnit, even though it's an hour to work and Home Depot, they're going to have it. Ride the bus?? Ride the train?? What do I look like? A prole? They'll figure it out. They always do. At least I dont have to live in the east, where it rains.

Last edited by Mr. Pink; 01-18-2023 at 08:43 AM.