View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 01:08 PM

Bottom bracket wear

Hey all,

I have been having what I think is some excessive BB wear over the past year and half on my track bike. I run a SRM Origin track aluminum with the steel 24mm spindle. My frame is a open mold carbon track frame with BSA threading. I have chased and faced the BB to ensure proper fitment. In the past year and half I have gone thru 3 bottom brackets/bearing sets. I originally had a Dura ace bottom bracket which last about 2 months. Then I switched to Wheels MFG with the ABEC 3 bearings as that was what was in stock at the time. Those lasted 2 months. I have now switched to the Wheels/Enduro angular contact bearings in the same cups. Those have lasted the until now but are now starting to wear out.

I am track sprinter so lots of hard standing starts and accelerations but I only ride in dry conditions so water is not an issue. It seems like I go through bearings at an excessive rate. My training partner has the same issue with the same setup.

Any bearing recommendations or other suggestions? Maybe get a BB with a life time warranty?

Or is this what comes with being a track sprinter?