View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 08:28 AM

This is very interesting, had the exact same thing happen to me, although a bit more violent breakage of the outer cage, which also broke at the rivet line. was there an issue with Campagnolo honouring the warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
I have Chorus 12, 48/32 & 11-32, slightly more than a year old. I find there’s a bit of noise from the largest cogs in the rear but I really only notice it on the stand, not while riding. The shifting has been rock solid since initial setup, if anything it requires less fiddling than my 11 (SR) bike.

However … back in November I began having problems with the FD, specifically when moving to the small chainring it wouldn’t shift if there was force on the pedals, I would have to almost stop pedaling before it would make the shift. Played with limits & tension, no difference, then I happened to notice that the cage had broken along the attachment rivets, which certainly explained why the big to small shift was the problem.

I got a replacement cage via warranty and just did the R&R yesterday (huge thanks to one of our members!).

I have 3 other bikes with Campy groups, all FDs are at least 10 years old and work flawlessly, so this was a surprise. Of course this is just a single data point.