View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
Think of it this way....if you took your usual saddle, set your setback just right, and then cut 20 mm off the nose of the saddle would that change your position? Your hips would still be right compared to the BB but the 'setback' would be different. This is what happens with a new style stubby saddle. You can't set the setback the same way....and you don't want to. You need to mount it and ride and see what feels right and set aside your old setback number that was based on a long-nosed saddle.

I hope that makes sense. It can be hard to picture.

dave
Thanks for the input.

This is what I was picturing in my head, there's a fixed amount of length needed (on the Romin, it's roughly 80mm) where the rails transition from the flat clamping section to the nose of the saddle. I won't know until I try due to differing shapes, but with a bunch lopped off the front, that transition will likely cut into my usable rail space because that transition section needs to exist?

My current setback is attached.

edit: Looking closer at the picture I just took, it looks like the rail attachment is about 15mm from the actual extreme end of the saddle, so perhaps not as dramatic of a change as I initially though (assuming the saddle rails are pushed as far forward as possible in the design of the stub nosed saddles).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20211227_164033069.jpg (46.3 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by rice rocket; 12-27-2021 at 10:56 AM.