View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 04:00 PM

Here's Rob57t's Spectrum

After dithering over sizing - and the fact that I was off the bike for crash recovery and shouldn't buy anything bike-related - I pulled the trigger while in the hospital (thank you, morphine!) and bought @rob57t's Spectrum. Reach and stack seemed right, setback could be dealt with, it had the horizontal top tube and space for 28c's and a 1" threaded headset, all the things I wanted.

.... and holy crap has this bike delivered. I've ridden on the road exactly five times since the doc gave the OK, all on this, and what. a. bike. Fit is dialed perfectly. Turns out the setback here is better than the bike I was trying to copy. May re-cable for the right lengths here and there. May try to reassemble the left athena shifter that fell apart, instead of this beater mirage I had in the bin (which works perfectly). And eventually new wheels... but seriously what a ride this thing delivers. Comfortable. Agile. Planted. The wound up fork feels solid but delivers a nice front-end feel. I can ride no-handed no problem, tracks perfectly. Yup. Yup yup yup (as the muppets aliens would say).

This one is a keeper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1496 (1).jpg (127.9 KB, 445 views)