View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 06:58 PM
Descent fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
Before Covid times, at our local car show, I talked with two gents. One used a DB7 as a daily driver, the other a Ferrari Daytona. Both were proud to point out the paint chips, and how much they looked forward to their commutes, and the disapproval they received from some members of their car clubs. I guessed they were doing it right, and they knew they were.
Slightly OT, but what the heck:

These guys are my brothers. Having had Porsches for the last 30+ years, I never bought into the shine, shine, shine, drive, shine mentality so prevalent in the PCA. Locally there are about five guys who used to race together and would regularly show up to backroad PCA driving events with our cars unwashed and looking a bit mangy. I once had a gent with an immaculate 996 Twin Turbo tell me I did not deserve to own my GT3 because I was obviously not taking care of it (it was my daily driver and it had not been washed in about two months).
When the driving started, this guy got in front of our little group and held everybody back driving the speed limit on these windy, deserted back roads. When we had a chance, we went past him as a group and arrived about 40 minutes before him to the food. When he pulled in, one of my friends who had overheard the earlier exchange approached him as he entered and told him that he did not deserve a TwinTurbo because he couldn’t drive worth *****.
I love that guy.