View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 08:59 AM

Delmar NY. 5 miles south of Albany. Nice suburban (somewhat older) neighborhoods. A bike trail taking you West to rural, rolling roads that go for miles. A five mile ride south to Southern Albany county where you can ride hills and mountains all day long if you want, even down as far as the Catskills. You can drive 5 to 10 miles East and ride the Rensselaer escarpment (going up to 2000 feet) all day. Or even over into Western MA. and climb Mt. Greylock.

On my 3 mile loop South to get out of Delmar I might get passed by a half dozen cars. On my rail trail loop West for 7 miles to get to an area known as Guilderland I cross 3 roads and see no traffic.

My bike club runs rides throughout the area from April into November.

A few hard core keep riding outside all year. Pre-covid I was going out to CA. for February to ride. Now I have the Kickr, Rouvy to keep in shape.

Lot's of cultural happenings within easy driving distance. Just came back last night from the INDIGO Girls at the Egg in Albany. 10 minutes from pulling out my driveway to being parked in indoor visitor parking. Tanglewood and Saratoga Performing Arts less than an hour away.